K - Taping
K - Taping
Need tape at the Box, in the Gym, or on the field. We can help. Select this service and show your receipt on paper or on your phone.
By selecting this service, I have been informed and fully understand that there is no guarantee that the proposed kinesio-taping procedure will improve my condition and that is possible, although unlikely, that the course of treatment may cause additional pain or discomfort or aggravate my condition. I have been given on opportunity to ask questions, and all my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.
If you confirm that you have read and fully understand this consent, selecting "purchase" and completing the necessary payment information will serve as your informed consent to have a certified Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant provide your K-tape service.
CARING FOR YOUR KINSEO TAPE
PRIOR TO YOUR APPLICATION
- Skin should be dry and free of all oils, creams and lotions. • Excessive body hair may need to be trimmed or shaved.
CARING FOR YOUR APPLICATION
- Gently rub the tape after applying to activate the adhesive.
- Use precaution when putting on or taking off articles of clothing so that the edges of your application do not catch on the clothing. In cases with tight clothing such as socks, extra precaution should be used.
- It is recommended that you wait a minimum of 30 – 45 minutes before getting your application wet or participating in any vigorous activity.
- Kinesio Tape can be worn while bathing, showering, swimming, etc. When drying off, pat or blot your application dry.
- Do not place direct heat on your application including heating pads, hot packs, blow dryers, etc. This will result in the adhesive over-adhering to the skin and making your application difficult to remove.
REMOVING YOUR APPLICATION
- If cared for properly, your Kinesio Tape application can be worn for a maximum of 4-5 days. • Begin slowly removing the tape in the direction of hair growth.
- Use one hand to remove the tape and the other hand to press against the skin.
- Gently rubbing the skin after the application is removed can reduce sensitivity.
- If preferred, you can also apply olive oil or baby oil to the application before removing. The oil will help breakdown the tape’s adhesive properties prior to removal.
- Do not remove the tape too quickly as this can irritate the skin.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, problems or concerns related to your Kinesio Taping.